Friday, August 13, 2010

Meandering Mugwump: Moratorium on Musings

My dear friends:

On the morning of Saturday, August 14th, I will be embarking on a trip -- first to Ludington, Michigan (oh, does that have 2 d's, possibly?) and then, at the end of next week, to Greencastle, Indiana. The first leg of the trip will be purely recreational -- Patrick and I have been invited to join the MacLaughlin/Mitchell clan as they celebrate an 80th birthday for twin sisters who are the matriarchs of the clan. The latter part of the trip will be to ensconce Patrick at the SAE house on the DPU campus -- which, in case you did not hear, has been named the number 10 party campus in the entire country. (A dubious distinction, but one which Patrick avows will not interfere with his studies.)

During my wanderings, I will be taking a Brief Vacation from the Musings. Like the lady with the red light on her porch, but not for the same reasons, I trust my vacation will "drive my customers wild", and you will be waiting, with patience but eagerness, for my return. This shall occur on Saturday, 28 August 2010, and might occur at some sporadic time before then, if time, wi-fi, and mood stir me.

Until we are reunited, please, know that you are in my thoughts as I hope I am in yours.

Happy trails,

Mugwumpishly tendered,

Corinne Corley

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

The Missouri Mugwump™

My photo
I've been many things in my life: A child, a daughter, a friend; a wife, a mother, a lawyer and a pet-owner. I've given my best to many things and my worst to a few. I live in Brookside, in an airplane bungalow. I'm an eternal optimist and a sometime-poet. If I ever got a poem published in The New Yorker, I would die a happy woman. I'm a proud supporter of the Arts in Kansas City. I vote Democrat, fly the American flag, cry at Hallmark commercials, and recycle.